Vocational School Scholarship Programs
After graduation from Primary 7 we offer the opportunity to sponsor students who have an interest in continuing their education, but no financial means to do so.
Extreme poverty is all too common in rural Uganda and as a result, more than half of primary school graduates do not continue with their education. By offering deserving candidates a chance to continue their education through vocational training at the Tekera Vocational School, we cater to those students who have innate manual abilities or who must shortly earn to help support family. The four programs at TVS are: tailoring, agriculture, carpentry, and masonry.
The students chosen will know they must continue to be successful and dedicated in their studies or their scholarships will be in jeopardy. It cannot be considered a right: it is indeed a privilege.
There are strict parameters and guidelines for choosing a scholarship recipient and for retaining this privilege. For more information, contact Brenda Casey.
Vocational School Scholarship
This amount covers cost each year of the two-year Level 1 Certificate. Sponsorship is payable by December 15 before first term in February of the following year.
* Prices in yellow are in Canadian (CAD)
Boarding is $255 per year, if necessary for the student’s safety and well-being.
Sponsors Will Receive
- A photograph of the sponsored student at the beginning of each year.
- A short report on his or her student, attitude, motivation, and grade reports.
- An essay/letter at the beginning of each school year written by the students outlining their goals for the upcoming year.
- A copy of the report card of their student(s) after each term.
- A tax receipt from TRC, a registered Ugandan NGO